1. C. Attend the concert.
2. D. None of the passengers were injured or killed.
3. A. An article about the election.
4. A. The restaurant was not up to the speaker’s expectations.
5. C. He has many things to deal with right now.
6. D. More students have to appear to make their voice heard.
7. B. The speakers like watching TV very much.
8. D. The woman will be able to attend the classes she wants.
9. C) Export bikes to foreign markets.
10. B) The government has control over bicycle imports.
11. A) Extra costs might eat up their profits abroad.
12. C) Conduct a feasibility study.
13. B) Anything that can be used to produce power.
14. D) Oil production will begin to decline worldwide by 2025.
15. B) Start developing alternative fuels.
16. What is said to make a good department store buyer?
答案：A) The ability to predict fashion trend.
【点评】答案出现在文章的开头部分，They not only have to know what is fashionable at the moment, but also have to guess what will become fashionable next season or next year. 告诉我们，买手们不但要熟知当下的流行，并且能够预测下一季或是明天的流行趋势。
句中反复出现选项中的fashion一次，根据所听即所得原则，本题应选择A. The ability to predict fashion trend.
17. What does Karen’s job involve?
答案：D) Purchasing handicrafts from all over the world.
【点评】同样考察同学们的对于细节的把握，根据文中的，Her job involves buying handicrafts from all over the world. 以及之后所例举的国家地名等，可以知道，Karen的工作内容与选项D Purchasing handicrafts from all over the world.相吻合。
18. Why does Karen think she has got the best job?
答案：B) She is doing what she enjoys doing.
【点评】问到为何Karen认为她拥有世上最棒的工作。根据文中所提到的，Karen喜欢所有她的旅行经历，我们可以知道这里应该选择B. She is doing what she enjoys doing.
19. What did Mark think he should start doing?
答案：B) Get involved in his community.
【点评】答案出现在文章的开头部分，Mark felt that it was time for him to take part in his community, so he went to the neighborhood meeting after work. 句中出现选项中关键词community。选项B. Get involved in his community为原文内容的同义替换。
20. What was being discussed when Mark arrived at the neighborhood meeting?
答案： A) Deterioration in the quality of life.
【点评】答案紧随其后，The area city council woman was leading a discussion about how the quality of life was on the decline. 这里的the quality of life生活质量是选项中的关键词，同时，on the decline在选项中被同义替换为deterioration。
21. What did Mark think of the community’s problems?
答案：D) They are too big for individual efforts.
【点评】关于Mark对于社区问题的看法，文中相对应的原文为It was too much for Mark. “The problems are too big”, he thought. 因此在Mark看来这些问题对于个人而言太大了，是理所不能及的，因此应该选择D. They are too big for individual efforts.
22. Why did Mark smile on his ride home?
答案：C) He had done a small deed of kindness.
23. What does the passage mainly discuss?
答案： B) Pressure and disease.
【点评】对全文的主旨进行提问。根据开头And if stress in childhood can lead to heart disease, what about current stresses? 我们可以知道文章讨论的就是压力与心脏病之间的关系。
24. What do we learn about Jano Cano’s family?
答案： A) It experienced a series ofmisfortunes.
【点评】是对于后文一家人的遭遇进行提问，我们可以看到这家人遭遇了一系列的不幸，他本人，与家人都先后得病，因此应该选择A. It experienced a series of misfortunes.
25. What did Jano Cano’s doctors tell him when he had a second heart attack?
答案： C) They could do nothing to help him.
【点评】对于在他第二次心脏病发后医生说的话进行提问。相对难度较低，只要听到医生说，“There’s nothing more we can do for you,” 我们就可以知道应该选择C. They could do nothing to help him.
26. are supposed to
34. are concerned with